What Are Dynamic Forms?
Dynamic Forms takes the Lightning App Builder to a whole new level. The Salesforce admin builds highly flexible and dynamic experiences your users will love by configuring record detail fields and sections inside the Lightning App Builder.
Dynamic Forms breaks the Record Detail component on your Lightning pages into individual field and section components that you can put anywhere on the page. You can use visibility rules to show your end users only the fields they need to see
How Do Dynamic Forms Work?
- Create a Lightning record page. Then, click the Fields tab in the Lightning App Builder component pane, and start dragging sections and fields anywhere you want them on the page.
- Open an existing record page and with just a few clicks, migrate its record details using the Dynamic Forms migration wizard.
How to Migrate a Record Page to Dynamic Forms?
- From the App Launcher, navigate to and select the Opportunities object app.
- select the All Opportunities list view.
- Open Anyone record.
- From the Setup menu, select Edit Page.
- Click the Details tab, and then click on the Record details
- In the properties pane, click Upgrade Now to start the Dynamic Forms migration wizard.
- Step through the wizard, select Opportunity Layout, then click Finish.
- Click the Details tab on the canvas.
- Hover over the Other tab and click the delete icon to delete the tab and Add Tab for adding a new tab to the lightning record page.
Add Visibility Rules to Fields and Field Sections
- Click Edit next to the Opportunity Record Page.
- Click the More Details tab, then select the Tracking Number field in the Additional Information section.
- In the properties pane for the Tracking Number field, click Add Filter.
- Create a filter:
- Field: Delivery/Installation Status
- Operator: Equal
- Click Done.
- Under Show component when, select Any filters are true. This selection ensures that the field appears when either filter is true.
- Save the page.
- Activate the Page
- Click Activation.
- Click Assign as Org Default.
- Make the page available for both desktop and phone.
- Click Next, then click Save.
- Save the page.
Limitations of dynamic forms
- You can add up to 100 fields per column in a Field Section component.
- Only fields and sections containing fields are included when migrating a page to Dynamic Forms. Other elements on the page layout, such as custom links and blank spaces, aren’t included.
- The Account layout save option, evaluating this account against territory rules on save, isn’t supported in Dynamic Forms.
- Dynamic Forms is supported on record pages for custom objects, Accounts (including person accounts), Contacts, and Opportunities only.
- Blank spaces aren’t supported.
I hope you like this blog and if you want any help let me know in the comment section.