What are the Objects?
- Salesforce objects and fields are analogous to database tables and table columns. Objects and field structure data.
- Salesforce supports several different types of objects. There are standard objects, custom objects, external objects, platform events, and BigObjects.
Types of Objects in Salesforce
Standard Object -: Objects already created for you by Salesforce are called standard objects. Standard objects that are included with Salesforce like Account, Contact, Lead, and Opportunity are all standard objects.
Custom Object -: Objects that you create in your organization with the user interface or with the Metadata API are called custom objects. Custom objects are objects that you create to store information that’s specific to your company or industry.
Different types of Field Data Types available in objects
What are Relationships in Salesforce?
Object relationships are a special field type that connects two objects together.
There are two main types of relationships
- Lookup Relationship - Lookup relationships can be one-to-one or one-to-many. A lookup relationship essentially links two objects together so that you can “look up” one object from the related items on another object.
- Master-detail Relationship - In a master-detail relationship, the detail object doesn’t work as a stand-alone. It’s highly dependent on the master. In fact, if a record on the master object is deleted, all its related detail records are deleted as well.
How to create Custom Objects in Salesforce
- Click the Object Manager tab.
- Click Create | Custom Object in the top-right corner.
- For Label, enter Object Name. Notice that the Object Name and Record Name fields auto-fill.
- For Plural Label, enter Object Name with Suffix ‘S’.
- select the checkbox Launch New Custom Tab Wizard after saving this custom object.
- click Save.
- On the New Custom Object Tab page, click the Tab Style field and select a style you like. The style sets the icon to display in the UI for the object.
- Click Next, Next, and Save.
How to create Custom Fields in objects
- From Setup, go to Object Manager | Object Name.
- In the sidebar, click Fields & Relationships.
- Click New in the top right.
- For data type, select Data Type which data type field you need to create.
- Click Next.
- Fill out the following:
- Field Label: Field Name like Text
- Description: Anything written in the description box.
- If need to make a field required then Check the Required box otherwise Uncheck the Required box.
- Click Next.
- You don’t need to give field-level permission on the profile level so just click Next.
- Just Select the Page Layout On which Page Layout do you need to see the field.
- Click Save.